Wedding Photos

Jun 23, 2008

Lorena's Latest June 23, 2008


Men hard at work in my new apartment. The first photo is Danny (front) and David (back) gluing the bathroom accessories to the walls and door.

The second photo is Danny's dad installing the fan/light that goes over the stove.

The apartment didn't come with an oven, but I have to make cookies and banana bread (etc.)! So...I bought one from my friends Jose and Zarina who are getting married on Saturday!

This will be the third wedding I am able to attend here in Ecuador, but the first that both the bride and groom are Ecuadorian. They attend the same church I do (Iglesia Evangelica Biblica de El Inca or Evangelical Bible Church of El Inca).

First Baptist Church of Geneva sent 48 members from the youth group to El Refugio on Thursday last week. I was honored to be able to take 8 of them to one of our partnering churches that sponsors two of our facilitators: Mary and Esteben. The church plans to send at least one more of their youth to our next facilitator training August 3 to 8th, please pray. We split the Geneva youth team to attend 6 of our partnering churches.

Today and tomorrow the youth from Geneva and El Refugio (along with a few facilitators) held a children's outreach program. We are running three stations: Puppets, crafts and games. I believe we had around 100 children come today! I hope to get pictures for next week's update. The children who memorized verses (and are old enough to read) received new testament bibles in Spanish. Please pray for the impact in the local communities for Christ through this outreach.

Thursday and Friday afternoons we will be running a team building program with the Geneva youth and some of the facilitators we have trained. Saturday afternoon we will be running a team building afternoon retreat with people from Extreme Response.

I was able to meet with Doris this morning! She had a great experience in Singapore (Hagaii Institute for leaders). She asked me to pray for her mom who is having surgery on her eye. Her mom went to a Cuban traveling clinic because it was free and the results were that they did not perform the surgery well and she may have lost sight in this eye. The other eye has little visibility. Please pray for Doris' mother's eye surgery on Friday.

This Wednesday and Thursday I have meetings scheduled at two local universities. I am looking for a professional in the environmental department to come to El Refugio and help me learn about the wildlife and systems (for example: natural water system) on the property to better take care of the property as well as have specific and correct information for the Environmental Education classes that I am developing/teaching. Please pray for God to put the right professionals (from the universities) to come and educate me as well as be able to develop a partnership with them.

Last Tuesday I took the morning to go on top of the mountain and pray and ask God for direction. God revealed to me a number of things. One of them was to remain faithful to His word. When God's word is constant in my mind it helps me be able to handle the ups and downs of life with a right perspective.

John 15:7-8 "If you remain in me and my words remain in you, ask whatever you wish, and it will be given you. This is to my Father's glory, that you bear much fruit, showing yourselves to be my disciples."

Have a blessed week!
Lorena Ferrari

No comments: